They have a technical role but also a role in account management, responsible for building their revenue base by gaining new sales but also giving their clients extra value when required.
This process of developing opportunities and managing existing clients was the initial brief.
They required training and coaching that was very specific to their business – short sharp interventions, that made a difference to their bottom line.
What We Did
First we visited the client to get a full understanding of the issues and the change that they wanted to make. We met with the Managing Director and also the Senior Learning Professional to gain this understanding.
This led to a precise agreement about the desired learning outcomes and evaluation methods.
Next steps were:
- A dialogue with each participant to find out the issues they faced and create a positive readiness for the workshops
- Creating an outline design and agree this with the client
- Three ½ day workshops on
- Understanding Customers – thinking about why and how customers make decisions
- The Sales Process – particularly focussing on the key skills of selling and practising these skills
- Commercial Skills –focused on key account management skills, managing a complex account and all the different players in this account
- Coaching sessions to reinforce the learning we had conducted so far
After completion of the first 2 coaching sessions we conducted an evaluation report which assessed progress and identified issues which the organisation needed to address to continue to reinforce and support the change.
Ian very quickly built up a relationship with each and every one of the individuals, and in so doing not only geared the course to meet their needs but also turned any scepticism into a positive approach to the future. Both the individuals taking part in the course and the company are extremely pleased with the outcomes and will continue to work with Ian to build on these valuable skills he has embedded within the team.
SEAMS are very happy to recommend Dynamiq’s services to other companies.
Results So Far
- Increased confidence level of the team when communicating with clients and improved relationships as a result
- More energised team, proactively engaging with our clients
- More adept at asking the ‘right’ questions to get the required information
You can find more detailed information on account management and negotiation training that may benefit your business. If you have questions or specific requirements, do not hesitate to Contact Us. Or simply give us a call on 0114 236 3781.